One of the principles I promote is experimentation. You should always be experimenting with your health and optimizing by using your own feedback.
Anyone that knows me well knows that I experiment with products constantly. Back March of 2018, my friend Alon started a CBD oil company, and he sent me some bottles to try.
I was initially very skeptical. To note, I HATE pot smoking. Cannot stand it, I honestly despise stoners.
I didn’t know what he was offering me to try until I looked it up and realized I didnt know a damn thing about the medicinal properties of marijuana.
The human body has Cannabinoid receptor sites already, and marijuana itself contains a massive variety of CBD compounds that act upon these receptor sites. There are something like 80 different kinds, the effects are incredibly broad:
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation
- Has Antipsychotic Effects
- Reduces Anxiety
- anti-cancer mechanisms
- reduces oxidative stress
- improves sleep quality
- improves skin health
And these are not made up effects. I confess I was completely ignorant to the benefits of “medical marijuana” and why people are so passionate about it being legalized and more research being done. Researching this and then utilizing it, it completely changed my mind on the subject.
Relative to what I noticed, and what seems to the most common effect, and the one that got me the most excited
IT IMPROVES SLEEP QUALITY
Considering that around 70 million people in America have a sleep disorder, and the effects of sleep deprivation are life destroying:
- Sleeping less than 6/7 hours demolishes your immune system, and doubles you risk of cancer.
- Sleep deprivation increases the likelihood of developing Alzheimers
- Disrupts blood sugar levels so severely you could be classified as pre-diabetic
- Increases likelihood of hardening of the coronary arteries, nicely setting you up for a future stroke or heart failure
- Sleep deprivation leads to all major psychiatric conditions— notable depression, anxiety, and higher risk for suicide.
- Increases hunger and desire to eat more — not sleeping enough increases leptin levels, which makes you feel hungry, while surprising a ghrelin, the hormone that signals “satisfaction” — a setup for weight gain
- The shorter your sleep, the shorter your lifespan
- Every component of our wellness – physical and mental – comes from our sleep. ALL OF IT
- The World Health Organization declared a sleep loss epidemic, affecting around 70 million people in the United States alone
- All of your organs need sleep to function properly
- It increases our ability to learn, memorize, make logical decisions, and generally THINK in general
- Sleep recalibrates our emotional brain circuits, allowing us to overcome our social and psychological challenges with functional cogntive architecture
- Sleep restores our immune system. Sleep deprivation suppresses it
- Sleep regulates our metabolism by fine-tuning the balance of issuing and glucose.
- Sleep regulates our appetite, and helps our gut micro biome replenish itself, which also regulates your emotional state
- lowers blood pressure.
- Sleep is the most effective thing we can do to reset our brain and body health each day
If your sleep is fucked up, YOU ARE FUCKED UP. Period.
Whats been the cool thing about the CBD oil?
MY SLEEP HAS BEEN AMAZING.
It made me next level with my productivity, and I know sleep is the least sexy thing is “sleep”, but it is the most important for overall health. You want to “next level” your life? Get your sleep in order
Is CBD oil the panacea? Probably not, but there is no denying its effectiveness on improving sleep quality. Ive been taking the CBD oil religiously simply because of how good I feel in the morning. If all it did was improve sleep quality, I’d still consider it highly worthwhile to take.
Additionally, I’ve noticed that my SKIN health has improved, specifically, I stopped getting small acne breakups on my back. This used to be a regular occurrence for me. It was never bad at all, but it was annoying, and I attributed to the fact that I was constantly sweating due to my high activity levels.
Thats gone since I started taking it, and the only difference is the CBD oil, which is proven to have anti-bacterial/anti-microbial effects (which is why I think it got rid of the damnable bacne)
Ive been taking it 2-3 times a day. One dose is one dropper full. I always take it before going bed, and in the morning and afternoon as well.
If you want to try it out, do so. And full disclosure, Im a proud and loud affiliate for this company. I believe in the product 100%
The company is Sabaidee. Check it out if its of interest to you.
I also made a video on youtube as well, talking about my experiences with the product.